Wednesday 3 July 2013

Makeup for hooded eyes

Since I have hooded eyes but would love to wear Smokey Eyes or simply wear eyeshadow more often, I started to google for tutorials. I tried out a lot before, but nothing really worked on my eyes, because either my eyes appeared even smaller and deeper or you couldn't even see the eyeshadow. I found many tutorials on Youtube (in which the Models didn't even have REAL hooded eyes, maybe just a tiny bit), and then tried out the golden mean of them. 
This makeup is more for the daily use, but you can also enhance for a night out. For a Smokey Eye look just apply kohl on your upper lash line and blend it out (to intensify the look, you can also add kohl to your lower lash line, but don't forget to blend it out, too, or your lower water line)


You'll need: an eyeshadow base, 1. a concealer, 2.Your favorite mascara, three eyeshadows (3. light, 4. dark, 5. middle)

 First of all, apply a base over the whole lid.
While it's still drying, apply the lightest eyeshadow over the whole lid, too.
Now apply the medium eyeshadow. Remember to apply it as high as possible (so you can see as much as possible when you open your eyes), but still leave some clear space under the eyebrow. 
Then blend it with the light eyeshadow. 
The difference to the makeup on "normal" eyes, is that you can't see the lid, when your eyes are opened, so it's useless to highlight it. 
Consequently you highlight the inner corner of the eye, which you can still see with opened eyes, to create some structure.

Then apply the darkest eyeshadow to the outer corner of your lid.
It should have the shape of an eyeline at the lower edge to create that cat eye-look

For this look it's important to hide any shadows under your eyes so you don't paint yourself a black eye.
Dap it under the eye, the inner corners and under the brow.
I always apply it only now, because now I can still remove any glitter and colour of the eyeshadow that might have fallen down.
Now paint about one third of the lower lash line with the darkest eyeshadow and apply your favorite Mascara (much much!!).

This actually ought to be the finished look, but I have to admit that it was pretty late in the night, so I didn't recognize my photography and photoshop skills were fading quite a lot.
In reality the finished look is somewhere between pictures 5 and 6 with a lot mascara.
All in all it makes my eyes look like chinese cat eyes, which I pretty like.


I hope this helped you somehow and if you try this, please let me know what it finally looked like.   This friday I'll try the Smoky Eyes-version for our girl's night out.                                                          Have a nice thursday everyone 






No comments:

Post a Comment